SiteGround Hosting Review
Siteground is a web hosting platform strongly recommended by WordPress.org. Fourteen years ago, this privately held company was founded in 2004 and was headquarters in Sofia, Bulgaria. The company is servicing more than 1,700,000 domains across the world.
Currently, the company employs over 500 people. Worldwide, SiteGround has data-centers in 4 locations including Chicago, US, Amsterdam, NL, Singapore, SG, and London, UK.
In this article, we will be discussing various parameters to judge a web hosting platform, also how the Siteground performs on these parameters.
Parameters to judge a web hosting platform –
- Performance: Performance is determined by how much time does your site takes to load. You must ensure that it loads under seconds so as to get a major ranking factor for your website.
- Reliability: By the term reliability, it means that if your website is available all the time – 24x7x365 time.
- Customer Support: How good is the hosting provider’s customer support at the times of need?
- Features: What all features are provided by the hosting provider like cPanel, App providers, and other tools that are required to build and deploy the website.
- Pricing: You must ensure that the pricing offered by the hosting company is worth buying or not.
SiteGround Hosting Review: Pros and Cons of using Siteground
1.High Uptime of 99.9%-
It is essential for a web hosting provider to be reliable because any downtime on your website can have a severe effect on your ROI(Return Of Investment). It is one of the reputable company that performs and maintained 99.9% of uptime. If you are searching for a reliable company, then I would suggest going with the Siteground because it is consistently playing at least 99.99% uptime.
The Last 10-month average UPTIME was as following:
- December 2017 average uptime: 100%
- January 2018 average uptime: 100%
- February 2018 average uptime: 99.97%
- March 2018 average uptime: 99.99%
- April 2018 average uptime: 100%
- May 2018 average uptime: 99.97%
- June 2018 average uptime: 100%
- July 2018 average uptime: 100%
- August 2018 average uptime: 99.99%
- September 2018 average uptime: 100%
2.Average Page Loading Time (714ms)-
If you compare our SiteGround with other web hosting provider, then it saw a test site of average page loading times of 714ms which is faster than other web hosting company. The average load times of different web hosting company is 890 ms.
It was also very compatible. Not only compatible but it was quite smooth too. You must never ignore page loading time as this is a major ranking factor. A user prefers a fast loading website over the slower website even if the content is perfect.
Last 10-month average Page Loading Time:
- December 2017 average speed: 680ms
- January 2018 average speed: 730ms
- February 2018 average speed: 730ms
- March 2018 average speed: 693ms
- April 2018 average speed: 735ms
- May 2018 average speed: 733ms
- June 2018 average speed: 699ms
- July 2018 average speed: 737ms
- August 2018 average speed: 688ms
- September 2018 average speed: 712ms
3.Choice of server locations on three continents- With Siteground, there are three server locations available worldwide: America (Chicago US), Europe (Milan IT, London UK, Amsterdam NL), and Asia (Singapore SG).
4. Free let’s Encrypt Standard & Wild Card SSL.
5.Top customer support in the market, which includes email and chats support.
SiteGround even though provides excellent support and features, it still has some drawbacks which affect user experiences, such as-
- Limited Storage: Unlike many hosting providers, SiteGround provides only limited SSD storage, which affects the user experience if their site requires storage requirements. Less storage will prevent you to upload articles or media to your website.
- Setup fee for monthly billing: Unlike other hosting providers, if you are choosing monthly billing, then you need to pay $14.95 setup fee unless you want a more extended billing period, which might give you a significant saving on the setup fee. They also offer a 30-day money back guarantee anyway.
Also Read: Divi Theme Review: Is It Worth To Buy?
SiteGround Customer Customer Service and Support:
I know you all have heard praises of SiteGround Customer Support, but what makes them great is it offers 24/7 phone, live chat, and ticket-based email support. Their responsive and professional team instantly responses to our phone and live chat while Email’s get response within 10 minutes. SiteGround also offers knowledge base articles, tutorials, guide, and videos for those who want to fix their problems on their own.
SiteGround Features and Hosting Plans
As a hosting provider, SiteGround also provides hosting plans: shared hosting, cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, and dedicated hosting plans.
- Shared hosting: Shared hosting is suggested for those who have recently entered or started an e-commerce website. It is also for those who are a newbie in the online business or blogging. Shared hosting is for low traffic websites as you are sharing your resources with other sites hosted on the server.
- WordPress hosting: This plan is WordPress optimized version and is suitable for growing WordPress sites. It comes with SSD disks and fastest software technologies to improve the performance of your website. This gives an advantage in ranking by decreasing the page loading time of your website.
- Cloud hosting: Cloud hosting is an upgraded version to shared hosting which is suitable for growing favorite blogs, websites or businesses. It allows you to customize your plans with its ultra-fast and scalable features.
- Dedicated servers: Dedicated servers is a premium managed server which is more expensive. It gives you a complete server for a website. It gives you a highly innovative proprietary software and more functionality. The only disadvantages of using a dedicated server are that you will have to manage the server yourself. The best advantage you get with dedicated hosting is that it can handle a large amount of traffic on your website without getting down.
- Enterprise hosting: This plan is built for large businesses and high traffic sites. SiteGround created a custom-made bespoke solution to suit your needs.
In conclusion, I would like to recommend SiteGround to those, who don’t mind paying the setup fee of $14.95, if going for the month based plan, for the excellent service and quick and kind customer support center. SiteGround provides quick setup for the first time users who are using siteground hosting first time for launching their website.
SiteGround provides SSD storage, 1-click installers from Softaculous which can install WordPress in just 1-click. The main difference between other hosting plans and SiteGround which is one of the key selling points for Siteground is providing free CDN and SSL. Many hosting providers offer free SSL, but only a few of them gives CDN as by default config. This makes siteground a step ahead from other hosting companies.
I hope you guys liked the article about SiteGround hosting review, and share with the person who needs a quick start with their site deployed on the internet. Queries are highly appreciated in the comments section.